« Return to list of recent news

John's Island Real Estate Company Unveils Two Turtles for TurtleTrax!

Vero Beach, FL - The John’s Island Real Estate Company is pleased to be the Presenting Sponsor of TurtleTrax© an exciting new charity event to benefit the Mental Health Association of Indian River County. In addition to being a major sponsor, the company is sponsoring two turtles which were unveiled on August 13th at the Sunset Saturday Jazz and Blues Night along Humiston Park in Vero Beach. Following the unveiling, the turtles will be placed on public exhibit on Ocean Drive in front of two prominent local storefronts - The Twig and Cravings.

The first turtle sponsored by John’s Island Real Estate Company, titled “Born in the USA!”, was brilliantly designed by Romero Britto, one of the most important living artists in contemporary Pop Art. Recently seen on Donald Trump’s popular television reality show, “The Apprentice,” Britto is well known for his unabashed representation of life celebrated through vibrant colors and hard-edged compositions. His work ranges from original paintings to serigraphs and mixed media sculptures. Britto’s gallery, Britto Central, is located at 818 Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.

The second turtle is the creation of students from The Saint Edward’s Middle and Upper schools. Art students created several designs and voted on the ten best submissions. Saint Edward’s art instructors, Anne Whitney and Lourdes Cascaiari, then selected the five most outstanding designs and sent them to the John’s Island Real Estate Company to select the winner. The winning turtle was designed by students Ebony Gunn, Ryan Portel, and Jordan Wassell.

“On behalf of John’s Island Real Estate Company, I am very proud to be involved in the MHA’s TurtleTrax fundraiser” expressed company Chairman Bob Gibb. “My wife, Wheatie and I enjoy our two exciting turtles that help unite business, education and the non-profit sector for the benefit of all of Indian River County.”

The program has sold out with over 50 sponsored turtles that will be displayed throughout the county until March 31, 2006. The TurtleTrax® event will culminate in a Black Tie (Waist High), Caribbean-themed Gala on April 8, 2006, where the turtles will be auctioned to the highest bidder. 75% of the proceeds from each turtle sale will benefit the Mental Health Association. The remaining 25% will be donated to each high bidder’s charity of choice.

For more TurtleTrax information visit turtle-trax.com for locations and updates on the turtle “hatchings”.

Since its inception in 1969, John’s Island Real Estate Company has exclusively handled John’s Island properties in Vero Beach. The company’s mission began with a promise to focus its efforts solely on the buying and selling of properties within the gates of John’s Island, and to carefully foster the superior quality of life found in this private ocean to river golf community. John’s Island offers its residents three miles of private beaches, lush golf courses and natural habitats, world-class amenities and a lifestyle beyond compare. Reflecting the classic elegance of English Georgian architecture, the John’s Island estates are among the most distinguished and distinctive in the country. World-class social and recreational amenities include three championship golf courses designed by Pete Dye and Tom Fazio: the South Course, North Course, and the nationally ranked West Course. Additional amenities include 18 Har-tru tennis courts, International Doubles air-conditioned squash courts, professional croquet, and a state-of-the-art Health & Fitness Center. Three miles of undisturbed ocean frontage, boating on the Intracoastal Waterway, excellent fishing, and a wide array of foliage and wildlife round out the exceptional lifestyle found in this private community. John’s Island Real Estate Company is conveniently located inside the west main John’s Island gate off highway A1A and is open seven days a week. Each Sales Agent is a year-round John’s Island resident. For more information, please contact Robyn Flick at (772) 231-0900.

Bookmark and Share

« Return to list of recent news